Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HSDS storyline questions(WARNING : Possible Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Yun_Feiyang
    I buy the Damo as inventor theory (assuming that Damo actually exists).

Legend has it that Damo taught some deep breathing exercises to the shaolin monks to help improve their physical health and strength. This sounds like where Jin Yong got his JYSG idea...
    Jiu Yang Shen Gong's theory of martial art ressemble more of Wudang(the REAL ONE). One of the theory of Jiu Yang Shen Gong is move after the opponent move.

Wudang Sword's theory said there is no fix rule to attack or fight(like the formless theory). It would move based on the reaction of the opponent, so it would move afterward. Both theory of course would reach the opponent first, although attacking last. The only different between Wudang and Jiu Yang Shen Gong, is wudang is based on TaiChi/BaGua the idea of changes. So when a wudang practicer attacks, it continuous changes in direction and everything. When it changes it hit the target(this one resemble the Abbot of Shaolin in SOD). Not sure if Jiu Yang Shen Gong have any theory on this though since it wasn't mention.

Some one should go ask those old ah peks practising tai chi in parks early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun_Feiyang
    I buy the Damo as inventor theory (assuming that Damo actually exists).

Legend has it that Damo taught some deep breathing exercises to the shaolin monks to help improve their physical health and strength. This sounds like where Jin Yong got his JYSG idea...
    Well, 9 Yang is supposed to be Taoist in nature, while Damo's style is Buddhist. Besides, there must be a reason why Jin Yong removed that info in the 2nd edition.

Default sorry u got me wrong.

i am not interested to know whether zm or zwj went there. i was just curious where is the island according to today's map. anyway, see if latvia can help. hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    I just said ZM hadn't; I didn't say ZWJ hadn't been there. ZWJ never went back there.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Default Cheng Kun - ZWJ

I have also a question about a difference in the 1st & 2nd editions of HSDS. I need someone (who has read the 2nd edition) to explain.

In the 1st edition, ShaoLin agree to swap (each other) 9Yang with ZSF. The only ShaoLin monk who knew ShaoLin 9 Yang at that time was Cheng Kun (I forgot his monk's name but he is Xie Xun's former sifu).

He recited the jao jue (secret formula accompanying a martial arts form) of ShaoLin 9 Yang in front of ZWJ (actually behind a wall) - ZWJ could remember it because he is used to such lessons with Xie Xun - and afterwards CK pierced his qi through ZWJ's veins (through his hands). This caused an aggravation of ZWJ's illness because the cold poison (of Xuan Ming Elders) reached ZWJ's stomach, making someone (even) like ZSF helpless.

In the 2nd edition, ShaoLin refused to swap 9Yang with ZSF.
    Now, does this mean that the (above) episode has been entirely wiped out in the 2nd edition and ZWJ met Cheng Kun for the first time at a much later date?

I think so......in the 2003 TV series at least,i started watching from the part where chengkun and yang xiao/5 drifters had their fight,and ZWJ seem surprised to learn of cheng kun.

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    In the 1st edition, ShaoLin agree to swap (each other) 9Yang with ZSF. The only ShaoLin monk who knew ShaoLin 9 Yang at that time was Cheng Kun (I forgot his monk's name but he is Xie Xun's former sifu).

He recited the jao jue (secret formula accompanying a martial arts form) of ShaoLin 9 Yang in front of ZWJ (actually behind a wall) - ZWJ could remember it because he is used to such lessons with Xie Xun - and afterwards CK pierced his qi through ZWJ's veins (through his hands). This caused an aggravation of ZWJ's illness because the cold poison (of Xuan Ming Elders) reached ZWJ's stomach, making someone (even) like ZSF helpless.

In the 2nd edition, ShaoLin refused to swap 9Yang with ZSF.
    Now, does this mean that the (above) episode has been entirely wiped out in the 2nd edition and ZWJ met Cheng Kun for the first time at a much later date?
    IIRC, yes. It's changed. I think ZSF also swapped tai chi kung fu (and his 9 yang) with shaolin in exchange for the shaolin's 9 yang.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JigSta
    IIRC, yes. It's changed. I think ZSF also swapped tai chi kung fu (and his 9 yang) with shaolin in exchange for the shaolin's 9 yang.
    That's info from the 1st edition which I have read myself. I want answers from people who has read the 2nd edition. Where is Laviathan & Candide? I'm not interested what the adaptations said.

In the 2nd edition, Zhang Wuji met Cheng Kun at Brightness Peak.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

4) The Dragon Palm technique was not lost presumably since the Beggar Clan Leader Si Fu Long still knew it. GJ & HR i guess just put a copy in the weapons i guess.

PS: ZZR was not satisfied just killing XX. She needed to declare out loud to ZWJ who was occupied with the 3 Monks (since she was too crap) that she was going to kill his beloved godfather for him leaving her at the altar and to try and conceal her plot at Serpent Island. Then presumably she was going to use her neigong or some other nasty technique so ZWJ would be helpless and have to watch his suffering as he died. A slash to the throat would simply be too amatuerish.

9 Yin would have been left at shaolin, hence it pops up again many years later in SOD.
    Any more info on this?

(2) why zzr hug zwj when she saw zm, except to make zm jealous?
    With ZWJ & ZM still together the next part of her plan could not work.

In the novel there was never a 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms hidden in the Heavenly Sword, just the edited 9 Yin. Song QingShu never made it as far as the kill the lion meeting. Zhanf San Feng shattered his brain to pulp for being a traitor and "scum of the earth."
    I thought the weapons contained the military manual, dragon palms, 9 yin full & abbreviated? How on earth was someone with just abbreviated 9 Yin achieve much?

So all the TV versions are actually wrong to have SQS make it up to Shaolin?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

The XL18Z was in the Heaven Sword for both 1st and 2nd edition, not sure about 3rd edition.

For 9 Yin being in SOD.
    In SOD there was a sect, Qing Cheng, have a type of palm called the Heart Destroying Palm. 9 Yin also have a palm with the same name. I'm not sure if they are the same though. Like the Jade Maiden Sword in SOD isn't the same one used by YG and XLN. there was also an ice palm that used by the bat king in HSDS, that was mentioned in SOD, again I don't know if they are the same.

Default dear great strategist

can you explain a bit on this? what's zzr's next plan??

[QUOTE=Zhuge Liang]
    QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang

Any more info on this?
    Sorry, my mistake. Was mixing 9 Yin and YJJ. I blame it on lack of sleep...
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

[QUOTE=wkeej]can you explain a bit on this? what's zzr's next plan??

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    QUOTE]
    She wants to abduct ZM to get Zhu Er to come out, hear what she already knows from ZWJ & as a bonus maybe even get him to say some things that will piss off ZM.

Bad enough there are Shaolin top fighters around but ZM & ZWJ are always together. With ZM separated from them, ZZR can easily abduct her.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time