Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Did Gwok Jing match/surpass Wong Seung's understanding of the 9 Yum Jen Ging?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

interesting, but I have a feeling people will be commenting on this.
    My saying: I don't think YG has reached no sword defeats sword level. Reason? Well, you're saying that when he is depressed, his palm is superior to the sword. Personally, I think you are correct on that. It's true that palm>sword, but the reason is not because he has reached the final stage. IMO, I think Demonic itself is a type of internal because all the Greats describe his internal as Extreme Yang Meng. This extreme in Yang is probably only rivaled by XF (I think YG's is actually even more meng). All the internals he has learned in the past don't match with this. Jade Maiden is more toward the Cold Yin side. All the QZ and 9 Yin talk about a balance of Yin/Yang. Nothing in his old arsenal matches with the extreme yang meng internal he has. Therefore I think Demonic itself may be a type of internal. All those Waves and Sea helps increase the speed of increase in internal. Well, Melancholic Sad Palm is said to have 2 main basis. 1. Strong internal energy 2. Mood. The 1 is the internal he gets from Demonic internal (assuming what I said was correct). Therefore, without the depression, this regular mode should tell what level he trully is at. The 2 is like an booster. The more depressed, the higher the boost in palm power. This means the true power that YG should have come from 1. His power just based off of 1 should be weaker than the sword(well, that can be presumed from the fact that he was looking for a sword during the fight with JLFW). Though he would surpass with depression, but depression isn't part of internal training. YG just... invented this palm, it's not like his sword level actually increases just because he is depressed. Mood should not have anything to do with the actual swordmanship. I personally think YG's level in sword is either "half" of wood stage or wood stage. With "half" more likely.
    i actually posted earlier that 'demonic' was a way to increase 'INNER STRENGHT' as well as 'EXTERNAL STRENGHT' together. his power became yang because he was training against powerful waves that required him to use yang energy so that was what he cultivated mainly. but his power was deficient in yin in no way. it's purity couldn't compare with the other greats but in volume, he suppressed them.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    it's purity couldn't compare with the other greats but in volume, he suppressed them.
    I don't think we have enough proof that Yeung Gor's volume of inner power exceeded that of the other Greats.

My god some of the arguments that GJ hardly trained due to being too busy at Xiangyang seems totally ridiculous. It's pretty clear that other contemporaries like YG and GWM cannot be any less busy especially GWM who is a spiritual leader who holds vast influences in the Mongol Empire godammit. He has a lot of duties and responsibilites to attend to if he is to maintain his position. And if he still has the time to train why the hell would GJ who most likely isn't anymore busy than the others neglect his training and not improve much, especially of the fact that his enemies are still alive and that one of them is a Great level fighter, GJ simply cannot afford to neglect training for even a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    My god some of the arguments that GJ hardly trained due to being too busy at Xiangyang seems totally ridiculous. It's pretty clear that other contemporaries like YG and GWM cannot be any less busy especially GWM who is a spiritual leader who holds vast influences in the Mongol Empire godammit. He has a lot of duties and responsibilites to attend to if he is to maintain his position. And if he still has the time to train why the hell would GJ who most likely isn't anymore busy than the others neglect his training and not improve much, especially of the fact that his enemies are still alive and that one of them is a Great level fighter, GJ simply cannot afford to neglect training for even a moment.
    There's also the fact that defending Seung Yeung was, predominantly, watching and waiting. Major battles didn't take place every day. The sixteen year interlude, in fact, saw no major battles at Seung Yeung. There might have been a skirmish here and there, but hardly anything that kept Gwok Jing busy 24-7 year round, year after year. There was plenty of time to train in the martial arts.

Yeah, true indeed. Jin Yong doesn't need to spell out everything for us on what GJ did during the 16 years as some things can be figured out with common sense.