Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: War And Beauty 《金枝慾孽》

What a sad series
    "Count no man happy until he dies" ~ Sophocles

Right now I am wathing Riches and Stiiches..I know it a little bit late. Anyway, I started to take a closer look at Gig's acting and just like in WAB, her expressions is the same. Her crying, her heavy breathing, her rooled up eyes ... hmm....

So similar to Yuk Ying!! Darn, this girl can really cry a bucket!!

Quote Originally Posted by yufeifei
    Right now I am wathing Riches and Stiiches..I know it a little bit late. Anyway, I started to take a closer look at Gig's acting and just like in WAB, her expressions is the same. Her crying, her heavy breathing, her rooled up eyes ... hmm....

So similar to Yuk Ying!! Darn, this girl can really cry a bucket!!
    Oh, so she always breathes so loudly? I wasn't sure. The R&S I watched was the Mandarin version, so I didn't really notice the problem. But it was SO obvious in WAB, especially early on.

Talking Ending to WAB

I really liked the ending to this series although it was very sad. It was an ending that made alot of sense and is definitely credible. If the director made it into a happy ending, it would be so corny and ruin all of the drama that had accumulated throughout the last 29 episodes. I love the poem/speech that Yue Fei recited at the end, it really enhanced the mood (basically about being locked up in the palace and wishing to be free, and that she now passes the dream onto the ppl who have escaped). It was so sad and yet so beautiful. I think Sheren Tang really did a great job playing Yue Fei. The entire cast was magnificent, althought the king was old and ugly, lol... But you know what? That was the whole point of the series. It's about these women who had no idea what the king looks like, and just wants to marry him for power although he's old and ugly. That's why they have affairs with other men in the palace. But I guess they could've made the king a bit smarter, instead of looking like an old senile man. Maggie Cheung definitely did a great job in this series...it seems that her acting skills improve in each new series that she performs in. However, I still think that Sheren Tang had the most outstanding performance of all. She had this charisma that just captivates you from episode 1. Although at first she seemed evil, but then again, everyone in this series is evil. They all used the king to gain power and eliminate all of the other concubines. I really think that whoever wrote this series had a very great mind to write up schemes such as the ones brewed up by the women of this movie. It is just incredibly good. I'm so glad that it's not a cheesy ending that TVB is so notoriously well known for. =)

my sis is watching the last ep and she's crying like hell.

as for me... i have to catch up from ep 25 onwards... aagghh i only get to watch on monday! cantwaitcantwait...

Can someone tell me EXACTLY what happens to charmaine please??? I really want to know as there is a great chance i won't be able to watch it (study )
    There is always room to smile everyday. Alternatively, you can laugh yourself silly once a week.

Hi . I have watched till episode 27. you have alredy watched the end? the video shop says I will not get the last instalment till 1-2 weeks time. I cannot wait. plse pm me some spoilers or post it here....
    Thanks

Default *spoilers* Ending of WAB

Hi, this is for the ppl who wants to know how it ends. I won't go into details because it would be much better for you guys to watch it yourself. Tien Li Gow the Righteous Sect? attacked the palace and tried to kill the king but the king had left the palace in the early morning because he wanted to go to his other palace in some other place..haha...but the reason is because he had a task for Hung Mo, and wants it done while he is away. He ordered Hung Mo (Moses Chan) to kill Suen Bok Yang ( Bowie Lam) because he knew about his affair with Yuk Ying (Gigi Lai), and knew that her baby belongs to Suen Bok Yang.

The Queen knew heard about the invasion of the Tien Li Gow, and decided to use this as a chance to kill off all of the concubines that she hates. She ordered a bunch of enuchs to dress up like the Tien Li Gow pplz, and had them attack and kill Yue Fei (Sheren Tang), Ahn Kwei Yan (Maggie Cheung), Sun Kwei Yan (Charmaine), and Wah Kwei Yan (Gigi Lai).

The way that Yuk Ying (Gigi Lai) and her lover Suen Bok Yang (Bowie Lam) died was so sad and yet sort of romantic. They were burned alive in Yuk Ying's room, but held each other tightly. I especially liked how the crow brought a piece of a belonging from Suen Bok Yang, to his father, who was waiting for him outside of the palace to flee the city. It expressed how Suen Bok Yang wanted his father to know that he had died but still wanted to make it back to meet up with his father because he didn't want to let his father down.

Charmaine was still alive and fled the palace but what's the point??? Everyone that she knew was dead, besides Hung Mo (Moses Chan).

Ahn Kwei Yun (Maggie Cheung) was shot by an arrow but pretended that nothing happened because she was fleeing from the palace with Charmaine and Moses, and didn't want to slow them down because she knew that Moses would take her to the doctor or go back to the palace and seek revenge.

What was incredible to me was that Yue Fei in her rage (after realizing that all of the Tien Li Gow ppl who attacked the concubines were from the Queen), confronted the Queen and told her off. She told the Queen that she's old and can't scheme up tricks the same way that Yue Fei could, and to prepare herself for more to come. I really love her and I loved the poem that she recited in the end.

The ending was sad because the women fought so hard and sacrificed so much to kill each other off, but in the end, no one won but everyone lost. It all came down to nothing, and some of them even had to sacrifice their own lives not to mention that their friends and family were sacrificed to save them also. It's very sad, but true. I cried even after the tape had stopped playing because the ending just left me breathless, and all of the events that had happened since episode one was running through my head. Just reviewing how the story developed and how many ppl had died, and how many relationships were sacrificed for these women to rise to the top. You can only sigh and say that it's their fate, if only they never entered the palace.

Banned

Sheren'z character was increditable..She is by far thy best character in the entire series...Sad about how Moses never knew that the 'Kum Pak' belonged to her and that she'z stuck in the place at the very end.alone.....

Ending was stupid, to say the least....Moses character should've ended up with Sheren'z instead..

As for Bowie, well, He definitely should've ended up with Jade, out of the 3 girls, ONLY Jade is the most deserving of his love..I was sooo caught by surprise by her character near the end, and what she said she has done to put herself in the situation she was in JUST to BE IN LOVE with BOWIE and tooo SEE HIM once in a while..WoW, now that's LOVE right there....Sad for Jade'z character also...

Quote Originally Posted by blood3
    I was sooo caught by surprise by her character near the end, and what she said she has done to put herself in the situation she was in JUST to BE IN LOVE with BOWIE and tooo SEE HIM once in a while..WoW, now that's LOVE right there....Sad for Jade'z character also...
    Me too. That's unconditional love right there. But again, Bowie still loves Gigi best. Just like the title says, "Yuk Yip".

Quote Originally Posted by k8dfairy
    I really liked the ending to this series although it was very sad. It was an ending that made alot of sense and is definitely credible. If the director made it into a happy ending, it would be so corny and ruin all of the drama that had accumulated throughout the last 29 episodes. I love the poem/speech that Yue Fei recited at the end, it really enhanced the mood (basically about being locked up in the palace and wishing to be free, and that she now passes the dream onto the ppl who have escaped). It was so sad and yet so beautiful. I think Sheren Tang really did a great job playing Yue Fei. The entire cast was magnificent, althought the king was old and ugly, lol... But you know what? That was the whole point of the series. It's about these women who had no idea what the king looks like, and just wants to marry him for power although he's old and ugly. That's why they have affairs with other men in the palace. But I guess they could've made the king a bit smarter, instead of looking like an old senile man. Maggie Cheung definitely did a great job in this series...it seems that her acting skills improve in each new series that she performs in. However, I still think that Sheren Tang had the most outstanding performance of all. She had this charisma that just captivates you from episode 1. Although at first she seemed evil, but then again, everyone in this series is evil. They all used the king to gain power and eliminate all of the other concubines. I really think that whoever wrote this series had a very great mind to write up schemes such as the ones brewed up by the women of this movie. It is just incredibly good. I'm so glad that it's not a cheesy ending that TVB is so notoriously well known for. =)
    I pretty much agree. Love the poem Sheren recites at the end.

Sheren better win "My Favorite Lead Actress" this year!!!

Banned

I don't really know how these things work out but, I don't think there's any ACTRESS in any SERIES as of yet that can BET out Sheren'z performance in WaB......If she doesn't win, it's not becuz of her acting etc becuz WE, the audience knows that she could definitely ACT, it'll be becuz she's not popular enough etc...Knowing TVB, that'z how they'll do it...

Ada'z character in TCTU is alright but i don't believe that,that character of hers has what it takes to bet out 'Yue Fe'z' character from WaB...

Maggie,Gigi, couldn't or didn't even do as well as YF character...

Loved Jade'z character thou...

Unhappy

Serious ancient series always end sad. The ending was nice but I wish Maggie didn't get hit by the arrow. They made it sound like she will die later. But at least she ended up with Moses at the end. hmm do guys think she will die though? aiya I hate it when they end series like that!

Why does Gigi always cry over stupid things that she did. Like at the end she was the one that used Bowie just to get her pregnant and then later act all evil and then later change back to the innocent one?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by _karrot_
    oooo dear!!! can u plzzz send me some spoilers.... as in like... really specific? i heard yu fei dies!

yu fei doesn't die. She stays in the palace to continue her war with the empress ( oldest queen)

so they never concluded who won between yu fei and the empress?!?! they just ended it saying that yu fei was going to continue to fight the empress?! So no one wins? hm.... i thought the empress died or something.. well anyways i guess i better watch the ending to understand wat happens better
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno323
    i thought the empress died or something.. well anyways i guess i better watch the ending to understand wat happens better
    No, she didn't die. Yes, Yu Fei would continue to fight against her in the future. Yu Fei recited a poem at the end, and it was very clear why she made the decision to stay in the Forbidden City.

Maybe its because I don't like talking about stories concealed within one place (palace) I fell asleep after the first episode, and only browsed through the last few chapters, like 5 mins each , only browsed because Charmine was there

Well, you kind of have to know a bit about the Chinese culture and history to appreciate this production. It's surely NOT boring, in my opinion.

To anyone who watched this:

Is this series good?
    Who do you think was the best in the series?

Just wondering what your opinians were, that's all. =)

I think that Charmaine and Moses got the best ending. Maggie got shot by an arrow so she doesn't end happily, Sharon continues to stay in the palace to continue her war with the empress so it's just a continuing war once again... Gigi got to die with her loved one but still, she died so I definitely think that Charmaine and Moses were the ones better off cuz they got to escape and live a normal life.

Default Response to Silverbelle378

"I think that Charmaine and Moses got the best ending. Maggie got shot by an arrow so she doesn't end happily, Sharon continues to stay in the palace to continue her war with the empress so it's just a continuing war once again... Gigi got to die with her loved one but still, she died so I definitely think that Charmaine and Moses were the ones better off cuz they got to escape and live a normal life. "
    10-04-04 01:05 AM

Only because they were still alive doesn't mean that they have the best endings. Everyone that they loved or cared about, died. What's so good about that? Also, do you think Charmaine would know how to survive alone? She was under the control of Enuch Tsui all along and doesn't know how to think for her own good. Moses was never satisfied with a plain and simple life. They would have to face the future alone and live with the painful memories of their past. All in all, nobody wins but everybody lost!