Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: War And Beauty 《金枝慾孽》

Exclamation WAB 19-20 summary *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by tarastar
    where are the episode guides for epi 19 /20 ???
    where are you seh seh?
    Episode 19

Maggie asked Siu Luk Chi to say a few good words for Gigi while he designed hairstyle for the Empress. The Empress decided to let Gigi return to Zhongcuigong (Palace of Purity) soon. Gigi make a pair of fur stockings for Bowie as a gesture of thanks. Sheren planned to use her baby daughter to regain Emperors love. Siu Luk Chi and Maggie senses something wrong when the Empress wanted to meet the nanny in private.

During the emperors birthday, the baby stopped crying when Sheren fed her some milk. The Emperor was impressed and allowed Sheren to join the celebration. However, the baby developed rashes and it was revealed that Sheren put alcohol in the milk. The Emperor was furious that Sheren harmed her own daughter and tell her to leave. With Sheren out of the way, Gigi finally can leave the sick palace.

Winter arrived and Charmaine was promoted to the rank of Kwai Yan (Worthy Lady) with the title Shun Kwai Yan. She was given palace Chengqiangong (Palace of Celestial Favour) and live amidst wealth. On the other hand, Sheren loses favor and live in loneliness

The empress allowed Gigi to make Maggie as her personal maid. Hearing this, Charmaine proposed that Gigi should move into Chengqiangong with her. Gigi & Charmaine pretends to be good sister in front of outsiders but was mean to each other privately. Gigi dare to be arrogant because thought she would be sharing half of the palace but Charmaine put her back into her place by reminding her of their rank differences. True enough, the servants only listened to Charmaines order.

Maggie, worried about Charmaines plot, begged Bowie to help Gigi because Charmaine owed him a favor. Moses saw them together and felt jealous. Gigi doesnt dare to consume the food & wine given by Charmaine. Maggie escaped Charmaines wrath when Bowie came in time. Charmaine was furious that Bowie has taken Gigis side. She tricked Gigi to the opera building and warned her not to manipulate Bowie. She threatened to push Gigi down the building as Maggie brings Bowie to the rescue. Seeing how Bowie treated Gigi and herself differently, Charmaine felt disappointed. Jade tells her to keep her feelings in her heart.

Moses discovered that Bowie hasnt returned to the brothel for a few days, causing Chan Song to be thrown out in the street. Chan decided to return to the countryside. Moses convinced Chan to wait for him the next day so he could give him some money. Back at the palace, Moses was upset thinking that Bowie is not a sincere person. Bowie explained he couldnt leave the palace because he has to help Maggie, making Moses more jealous. During their argument, they noticed a suspicious person entering the emperors chamber

Episode 20

Upon hearing that Bowie & Moses saved the Emperors life, Charmaine proposed that the emperor should reward them (Bowie ). The Empress suggested holding a praying ceremony to ward off evil spirits in the palace. Charmaine heard this and an idea came into her mind

Bowie explained to Moses that theres nothing between him and Maggie. Moses was embarrassed when Maggie explained the real reason why she had to ask Bowie to help Gigi. Moses was about to leave the palace to meet Chan but was summoned to see the emperor. The emperor has raised Bowie to in-charge of the imperial physician and Moses as his personal guards. When Moses arrived at the bridge, Chan has already left

During a meeting with the Tibetan monk, Charmaine feigned faint and her personal maid (Bak Lan) slipped that Charmaine has been troubled with bad luck since Gigi moved in. Moses knew Charmaine bribed to monk to tell the emperor that Charmaine & Gigi causes bad luck to each other. Maggie realized that Charmaine has decided to manipulate the emperors superstitions by hurting herself through a prophecy (fire & phoenix). She hurries to teach Gigi how to use Charmaines plan to their advantage. Their plan succeeded and Charmaine can only grind her teeth in silence

Maggie thanked Moses for helping them to succeed in their plan. Chan met Moses for the last time and beat him because he lied about Boh Sins death. Chan swears hell get his revenge on Moses some day

Gigi was triumphant because the emperor cared for her since the fire incident. To her anger, her portrait with her mother went missing and she accused Charmaine of stealing it. Charmaine denies and mocked Gigi. Bowie overheard this and asked Charmaine to return the painting. Charmaine was upset and refused to help him (or Gigi). Therefore, Bowie painted a new one for Gigi from his memory. Hiong Fau noticed this and senses Bowie has already fallen for Gigi. Bowie realizes this too

Gigi was delighted to see the portrait. Siu Luk Chi came and informed them that the emperor might be summoning Gigi to his chamber tonight. Bowie was saddened to hear this. That night, he drowns his sorrows by drinking with Moses. Gigi waited excitedly on the emperors bed

However, Gigi could only wait because Charmaine pretended to fell into the frozen lake, causing the emperor to be anxious and look for her. When Charmaine was found safe and dry at the praying altar, it was already morning and the emperor has to attend meeting. Therefore, Gigi was sent back dejected. Charmaine tells both Maggie & Gigi that even if Gigi could stand naked at Emperors residence all day long, she (Charmaine) can still prevent the emperor from touching Gigi.

Bowie knew Gigi was disappointed when the emperor didnt summon her to her chamber the next few days. He cheered her up and Gigi gave him a money pouch she made for him. The emperor has been feeling tired recently and Bowie suspected Eunuch Chui has something to do with this. He confronted Charmaine but she refused to say anything. Wanting to help Gigi, yet not wanting to harm Charmaine at the same time, Bowie was at lost. Jade noticed that Bowie treasured the money pouch Gigi gave him. This gave Bowie an idea and he presented Gigi to the emperor

For guidance:
    The Six Eastern Palaces

Dongliugong, Six Eastern Palaces, consists of Jingrengong (Palace of Great Benevolence), Chengqiangong (Palace of Celestial Favour), Yonghegong (Palace of Eternal Harmony), Jingyanggong (Palace of Great Brilliance), Zhongcuigong (Palace of Purity) and Yanxigong (Palace of Lasting Happiness).

The Six Western Palaces

Xiliugong, (The Six Western Palaces), lies to the north of Yangxindian (The Hall of Mental Cultivation). They form a group with three palaceson either side of an alley that runs from north to south. They are some of the original buildings erected within the Forbidden City and are named as follows: Yongshougong (Palace of Eternal Longevity), Yikungong (Palace of the Queen Consort), Chuxiugong (Palace for Gathering Elegance), Taijidian (Hall of the Supreme Pole), Changchungong (Palace of Eternal Spring) and Xianfugong (Palace of Universal Happiness). Each palace has its own courtyard, a front hall, a rear hall and annexes which were dwellings for the emperor's wives and concubines.

Default Dialogues

Conversation

First one is my fav

Gigi: Maggie, dont bother speaking to her (Charmaine). The rest of you servants get out from this room. You too, Bak Lan (Charmaine personal maid).

(The eunuchs and Bak Lan doesnt respond and waited for Charmaines respond)

Charmaine: (Smile) Then you (Bak Lan) wait for me outside. Even though a Dap Ying (Gigi) ranks isnt high, but still considered as a master. You can listen to her order once

Bak Lan: Yes, Shun Kwai Yan (Charmaine). Both of you (the eunuchs) follow me outside.

Gigi: Okay, its only three of us in this room. Tell me what you really wanted, dont waste my time.

Charmaine: You dont have time? But I have a lot If not because Im too bored, I wont need to ask the Empress to invite you to live here with me.

Gigi: Live with you?

Charmaine: Of course. I am Kwai Yan, you are Dap Ying; Im the master, youre the subordinate. Dont tell me you think you could have the same power here as I am?

Gigi: Why? You think I couldnt have this ability?

Charmaine: (Laugh) Basis of you? Or both of you (Maggie)? Do you really believe its your cheap tricks that allowed you both to struggle back? Its me who defeated Sheren, you people just took the advantage. Even Sheren was in my control. Do you really think you can be more capable then her?

Gigi: What do you really want?

Charmaine: Why keep asking me the same question. Ive already gave you the answers. I can do whatever I want to you when youre still at the sick palace, moreover here? (Smiles) As I already said, Ive a lot of time to spare. Therefore, I will treasure everyday I spent with you here

Charmaine: Dear sister, why youre hurrying to leave when youve just arrived?

Gigi: Wheres the emperor?

Charmaine: The Emperor?

Gigi: You even dare to fake the emperors edict to summon me here? You arent afraid Ill report against you?!

Charmaine: I really wanted to talk to you, so even if Im afraid I guess I have to do that

Gigi: You can talk to me back at the palace. Why here?

Charmaine: (Smiles) Dear sister, you put different faces in front of other people, such great acting of course I have to choose the opera to match your talent. Talking about acting, tomorrow the opera troupe will be performing here

Gigi: Youre already a Kwai Yan; Im just trying to survive peacefully, why cant you leave me alone?

Charmaine: In the act, theres a character called Concubine Mui, who tried to fight against Honored Consort Yang, but has a terrible ending.

Gigi: You owed me more than I owed you, why cant you just let go off me?!

Charmaine: (Pissed) Let go of you?! You schemed with Onn Sin (Maggie), and repeatedly trying to manipulate Suen Bak Yeung (Bowie); when does YOU let go of me?

Charmaine: Im warning you. From the past, the fights in the inner palace were among the women. You and me; whoever wins or loses, has no one to blame. You shouldnt involve other innocent people!

Gigi: I dont know what youre talking about!

(Gigi tries to escape, Charmaine pulls her back and pushes her halfway out the balcony LOL, Gigis scared out if her wits)

Gigi: (Screams)

Charmaine: You want me to leave you alone? Fine. But you must leave Suen Bak Yeung alone. If not, Im afraid not only he cant protect you, youll even fall harder! (pushes Gigi harder)

Bowie: Why you couldnt live peacefully with her (Gigi)?

Charmaine: Peacefully? If I am the one who is missing the drawing, will you be saying the same words to me?

Bowie: Gigi is filial to her mother and that portrait means a lot to her. Kinship is precious and you are a reasonable person, you should be kind to her (seng yan zi mei).

Charmaine: Really? So all along you regard me as a sensible person? (Snide) I thought you think me as a fake and cold-blooded person

Bowie: (shifted eyes) Ill never think of you like that.

Charmaine: (angry) Theres no need to deny. Yes, I am a cold-blooded person. I dont know what kinship is. Ive already burned the painting. I cant help you.

Maggie: (To Gigi) What happened?

Charmaine: Actually, nothing happened.

Gigi: (angry) I know its you last night!

Charmaine: (smiles) Yes, the emperor did chose your card; youve even lain on the emperors bed. In the end, the emperor never even touches you. Who can you blame?

Maggie: Enough. Dont argue with her. Come with me into the room and tell me what happened. Well come out with a plan.

Charmaine: So what if she tells you? Even if you stand naked all day long at emperors chamber, Ill still have the capabilities to prevent the emperor from touching you. You think the cheap tricks from your servant can help you?

Charmaine: So, feeling upset? Then start crying. I really want to see how many times you can hold back those tears.

Post Screenshots...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/war_n_beauty/img/beauty_story_22.jpg')

Screen shots from Ep. 21/22

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/war_n_beauty/story/img/381/01381W.jpg')

Gigi dressed as a eunuch finally get to be with the Emperor!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/war_n_beauty/story/img/381/02381W.jpg')

Maggie and Moses taking a walk ... this is where Maggie hinted to Moses that she is willing to start a relationship with him albeit slowly and carefully....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/war_n_beauty/story/img/381/05381W.jpg')

The Emperess scratching Little Princess' face to show Yu Fei .. pity little baby is trapped between all these power struggles...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/war_n_beauty/story/img/381/06381W.jpg')

Yu Fei copying the holy sutra for the Empress...and this is where I think Moses ger to know her better because Moses was guarding her from the outside and watching her.

Sehseh : Thanks for taking the time to post the ep. guide and those wonderful dialogues...great tranlation!! I only realized that HK will only be airing Ep. 22 on Wed 9/22. Strange how the tapes got here first ...

wow! great series! yea.. gig's annoying me with all that intaking of air.. it sometimes sounds as if shes hyperventilating.. I blame it on my dad.. i didnt notice till he told me anyways.. cant wait for future episodes... I cant wait to see all the concubines in full action against one another
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Banned

What a EVIL Queen..Unforgiveable..How mean, scarring the little baby girl like that..Ok,now she's the one i hate thy most and i don't even really watch this series,faithfully anyways...I actaully don't even watch it altogether..Not that great of a series due to all the EVILNESS from the female roles/character..How do you put it, EVIL ENERGY..Now, they are all EVIL with EVIL energy not Kau Jong from TOB...

As for the rest of the character..All *****es..I feel sorry for Sheren becuz of her daughter and what i want too see most now is what happened or is going to happen between him(Moses) and Sheren Tang???

Anybody Knows..I think his first 'Kum Pak/cloth thingy' belongs to Sheren and not Maggie..Has it shown or say whether or not the first one is Maggies or not?? I know that it's assumed to be belonging to Maggie but has she actually said that it's hers??
    Last edited by blood3; 09-22-04 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blood3
    What a EVIL Queen..Unforgiveable..How mean, scarring the little baby girl like that..Ok,now she's the one i hate thy most and i don't even really watch this series,faithfully anyways...I actaully don't even watch it altogether..Not that great of a series due to all the EVILNESS from the female roles/character..How do you put it, EVIL ENERGY..Now, they are all EVIL with EVIL energy not Kau Jong from TOB...

As for the rest of the character..All *****es..I feel sorry for Sheren becuz of her daughter and what i want too see most now is what happened or is going to happen between him(Moses) and Sheren Tang???

Anybody Knows..I think his first 'Kum Pak/cloth thingy' belows to Sheren and not Maggie..Has it shown or say whether or not the first one is Maggies or not?? I know that it's assumed to be belonging to Maggie but has she actually said that it's hers??

yeah, the Empress is really the most evil after all. How can she hurt a weak baby like that. Not only she hurt her face, she also let the nanny ignore the baby's sickness. Sheren is so sad to know her baby's sick.

From the response Sheren gave when she saw the handkerchief, i'm quite sure i's hers. Maggie denied it was hers when Moses shown the handkerchief to her. i believe she was speaking the truth bcoz she looked surprised when Moses said it was hers.

Banned

God, i'm good!! Even before it's shown and stuff, I guessed that it's Sheren...Reason for the connection between her and Moses,there always has to be a connection somehow...

The thing is, i hope the little girl is not scarred for life...Bad Queen..

A weakless and helpless baby and she wouldn't even let it go off easy.....
    Last edited by blood3; 09-22-04 at 10:44 AM.

Both Moses's & Bowie's charachters are becoming alike both falling for the good girl at first Charmaine & Maggie then really be in love with the evil one who is really good Gigi & Sheren.

Charmaine becomes evil because of jealousy & Maggie becomes evil because of revenge.

Per episode guide #22 is when Maggie starts to become concubine.

Banned

I'm really looking forward to the Moses/Sheren storyline...That's the only thing that interest me in this whole series...I don't like this series..I really don't....It's only now that i discuss about it becuz of the Moses and Sheren storyline..

As for Maggie..What a stupid move..She could be with the guy she loves but instead chooses a path that will lead her to her death(maybe) or 'Forever Regret'...

Ahh, just the idea of sleeping with that old guy...Erwww...

It's just simplier to hire or get somebody to KILL off the Queen; but easier said then done, i know..She could also try poisoning the damn women,why waste her life with that useless old King...Stupid, that's all i got to say when it comes to Maggies character....

As you know, i've not watch nor follow the story much but judging by the commerical, Moses leads over Bowie but now, I really think they share the lead..What do you guys think???
    Last edited by blood3; 09-22-04 at 03:31 PM.

I'm not so sure I agree with your point of view, but frankly I would rather On Sin not take revenge either...but then there would be no more story left because the catfight between Yuk Ying and Yee Shun is getting rather old and childish.

I suppose for On Sin, waiting for her grandmother for more than 10 years and then finding out she got killed because of her and the empress' selfish motives isn't really an easy truth to take, especially since On Sin was clearly very grateful to the empress. She can be with Hung Mo but will forever continue to habour this hate which won't disappear over time. Yu Fei is right, the only way to take revenge on the queen is either to be the king or the person the king trusts the most, though we all know it would inevitably end in tragedy.

Exclamation Episode 21-22 spoilers

Episode 21

Gigi finally get to sleep with the emperor. Bowie was sad, and left the purse Gigi gave him in the snow

Moses wanted to propose to Maggie since Gigi succeeded to serve the emperor. Charmaine knew Bowie helped Gigi and deliberately commented about his feelings for Gigi.

Siu Luk Chi overheard the conversation between the Empress and Eunuch Wong. Actually Maggies grandma death was arranged by the empress so that Maggie will remain in the palace. The Empress feared Charmaine will be the 2nd Sheren, so she purposely allowed Gigi to leave the sick palace so that both will try outdo each other.

Moses took Maggie for a walk at the snowy field and proposed to Maggie. He was overjoyed when Maggie indirectly agrees. Siu Luk Chi saw them and hesitantly tells Maggie about the Empress action. Siu Luk Chi advises her to take revenge on the Empress by assisting Gigi to the top position. Maggie decided to break up with Moses. Maggie denies that she is the owner of the silk handkerchief.

Moses was heartbroken. The handkerchief flew away and Sheren picked it up. She was surprised that Moses owned the handkerchief and returned it to him. Moses drowns his sorrows away with alcohol. Bowie tried to advise him, but realize he is no better than Moses because its hard to control his feelings when he sees Gigi. Gigi asked Bowie on traditional methods of getting a son. Bowie decided to take leave from palace for a while to forget Gigi

Jade was concerned with Bowie and asked Charmaine about his sicknesses. Charmaine told Jade the truth that Bowie was trying to avoid Gigi. Jade was disappointed that Bowie has indeed fallen for Gigi

Episode 22

Moses while wondering around bumped into Sheren and the Empress. The empress hurt Sherens baby and forced Sheren to copy sutras for her in the prayer hall. Sheren agreed for her daughters sake. The weather was harsh and the empress disallowed anyone to assist Sheren. Moses fell sorry and gave her a coal burner. Even though she was crying, Sheren still show a brave front.

Maggie decided to assassinate the empress and went to Moses room during the night. She sewed some locks of her hair into his clothes and took away his worn out shoes. The next day, Siu Luk Chi stopped Maggie from assassinating the Empress. Maggie was angry that she is powerless to take revenge for her grandma. Sheren was there and told her that only the emperor has the power to kill the empress. She hinted to Maggie the only way is to become a concubine herself.

Maggie asked Siu Luk Chi to comb her hair; concubine style. Siu Luk Chi reminds her that shell have to betray Gigis trust to succeed in her plan. Gigi was proud that the emperor loves her and showed off to Charmaine. Charmaine remain nonchalant and tell Gigi the only way to secure her position is to give birth to a son.

Seeing Gigi treated her well, Maggie was reluctant to betray her. However, her need for revenge is greater thus she decided to forget love and trust.

Sheren found out that the empress have been treating her baby terribly. Moses captured a baby bird and Sheren asked him to give it to her (it reminds her of her babys condition). Maggie visited Sherens residence and thanked her for her advice previous day.

Maggie was aware that Sheren is the only concubine who understands the emperor likes & dislikes. Therefore, she mimics the fragrance of Sherens pouch and hid it in her wrist. While Charmaine, Gigi and the emperor were playing chess, Maggie took this chance to attract the interest of emperor. Gigi noticed this and was suspicious of Maggie

I was surprised that the empress killed the grandmother just to keep Maggie in the palace. BUT still she would leave.

I feel sorry for Sheren...and WAS surprised that she had no grude against Maggie. I feel sorry for the baby too. In the trailer they show it is the time of revolution and a army stormed into the palace. Not only is the empress treating the baby bad...BUT...she was born into a time where she would have to suffer in childhood too.

yea i felt bad for sheren when she saaw her baby get cut by the empress.. she was evil and all but i just had this feeling of sorryness for her
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by om369
    I was surprised that the empress killed the grandmother just to keep Maggie in the palace. BUT still she would leave.

I feel sorry for Sheren...and WAS surprised that she had no grude against Maggie. I feel sorry for the baby too. In the trailer they show it is the time of revolution and a army stormed into the palace. Not only is the empress treating the baby bad...BUT...she was born into a time where she would have to suffer in childhood too.

It's not the end;it's not revolution, they're just rebels. Qing dynasty still continue with severals emperors after that.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh
    It's not the end;it's not revolution, they're just rebels. Qing dynasty still continue with severals emperors after that.
    May I ask what rebels? White Lotus?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    May I ask what rebels? White Lotus?

Can't citizen'z of one or more country not be satisfied by his/her government/governing???

Look what happened to the French and their ppl..

LOLz I did not watch or read the whole thread yet, can some one please tell me what is this serie is all really about, all of the girls will become the king's concubines? what are Mose and Bowie roles here since all of the girls are fighting over the king? it means no good ending love story at all, at one point I thought the girls felt for either Mose & Bowie and then other posts just like they are after the king, I had not dl to watch yet 'cause my comp. is very limit of spaces but please tell me if it's worth to wathc?? Thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaln
    LOLz I did not watch or read the whole thread yet, can some one please tell me what is this serie is all really about, all of the girls will become the king's concubines? what are Mose and Bowie roles here since all of the girls are fighting over the king? it means no good ending love story at all, at one point I thought the girls felt for either Mose & Bowie and then other posts just like they are after the king, I had not dl to watch yet 'cause my comp. is very limit of spaces but please tell me if it's worth to wathc?? Thnx.
    Well, Moses and Bowie are involved in the love stories. Moses first fell for Maggie, and later had a thing with Sheren. Charmaine likes Bowie very much, but he actually loves Gigi.

It's definitely worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaln

Well the girls are after the king because they wanted to POWER that associates with being the King's Woman. Whereas, deep down they are actually in love with either Bowie or Moses. I read somewhere that the King is a cardboard figure...hahaha...precisely..agree 100%!! But he is also a mighly powerful cardboard ..... better than the UPS/FedEx cardboxes...