Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Magic Ring (Joe Zheng Yuan Chang,Xia Yu Qiao,Winnie Qian Wei Shan....)

I actually thought of getting this series last yr since the story sounded interesting and i thought the lead actress looked very sweet on the cover..but never really got round to buying it. I then decided to get it recently cause i heard Joe Zheng's the lead actor and i liked him after watching ISWAK but couldnt find it in stores now. Luckily i managed to spot it in a rental shop and i've just completed the first 3 episodes. I dont really like Joe very much in here..maybe it's the character or maybe it's his acting. I thought he was pretty good in ISWAK but he exaggerates too much and overacts alot in here, at least for now. He seems to force too much emotions and actions even into simple stuff such that he appears rather unnatural and i wished the director didn't make him scream so much. I really hope it gets better as the series progresses.

As for the lead actress, i've never seen her before but i heard she acted as a supporting character in "A Chinese Ghost Story" with Barbie Hsu and Nie Yuan before. I find her pretty adorable and sweet. Her acting is pretty good for a newcomer as well, especially her crying scenes which i thought was pretty neatly done. Her overall looks, especially frm the side view and when she's crying, reminds me alot of korean actress Son Ye-Jin. And then, she has Vivian Hsu's puppy eyes and Joyce Tang's deep pimples and bright smile. She just reminds me of so many different actresses at different angles

I'm waiting patiently for the part the 2 become a couple though i heard it's not till episode 9 or 10. I noticed something for taiwanese series. They usually have great beginnings and sometimes beautiful endings but it's Always (most of the time anyway) very draggy and boring in the middle.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Default The series poster/ video cover

Notice Xia Yu Qiao looks alot like Vivian Hsu frm the side. I thought it was her as well when i first saw the cover.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/movie/0411/04/aq1.jpg')
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I started watching this, and I think it's pretty bad so I think Iwill stop watching it. I like Joe in ISWAK and Xia Yu Qiao as Xiao Xue in Chinese Ghost Story, but this show is subpar. Joe's acting was so bad, I think I spend the first episode with my mouth hanging open, but this was his first lead role I think. Xia Yu Qiao is bad as well, her acting is too fake and exaggerated.
    Also, this series is too taiwanese compared to many of the better idol dramas, so th ere may be alot of words that you won't be able to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva View Post
    I started watching this, and I think it's pretty bad so I think Iwill stop watching it. I like Joe in ISWAK and Xia Yu Qiao as Xiao Xue in Chinese Ghost Story, but this show is subpar. Joe's acting was so bad, I think I spend the first episode with my mouth hanging open, but this was his first lead role I think. Xia Yu Qiao is bad as well, her acting is too fake and exaggerated.
    Also, this series is too taiwanese compared to many of the better idol dramas, so th ere may be alot of words that you won't be able to catch.
    I have to agree on the main girl, her facial expressions are so exaggerated. She tries to hard to express her emotions, but it just comes off as exaggerated and unnatural. She's almost as bad as Annie Wu's acting. She's not ugly, but some of the sour looks she makes really ticks me off. I don't think Joe and her should act together ever again. I'm currently on episode 8, and the only thing thing going for me is Joe. Yes, not his best, but I'm trying to watch as many Joe series I can find.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.