Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

How to stop the redirect hack.

Mozilla Firefox
    1. Double-click the Mozilla Firefox icon to open it.
    2. Select "Tools," "Options," "Advanced" on the tab bar and then "General" on the sub-tab bar.
    3. Check "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page."

For those of you who are still using Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer
    1. Double-click the Internet Explorer icon to open it.
    2. Select "Tools," "Options," "Advanced."
    3. Check "SSL 2.0" and "SSL 3.0" under the section labeled "Security."

Thx disbol

Now if only I can get my Nook HD to stop the redirect. Android settings are different then the normal PC apps.

Let the missiles fly...

i hope this hack didn't disturb justin or for worst it render him unable to post new translation.. if that happen i'll help you lot curse this hacker bastard

The issue has been resolved by SPC.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Thank you all the admin who helped to resolve the hacker problem! I've been pissed off this entire morning because I wasn't able to access Spcnet. I need my ASITP fix. Stupid hackers!

Thank you Justin. And belated . Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration with lots of hot girls, alcohol, and whatever makes you happy.

Happy belated birthday Justin and thanks

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Let's move on!

Btw I sort of 'read' the story till the end. Given the limited chapters left, most of you should probably guess that there is no long build-up like in Lin Zi. It's all fast and furious all the way to the end. Hang tight for the ride!

Shifting his gaze to the faraway horizon, Xiang Shaolong bitterly smiled: “I personally raised him and no one knows about his willpower as much as I do. Back when he was just a teen, he hatched a plan to kill Zhao Mu with his own hands and afterwards, he would still brag about it. If I am not mistaken, within our Wu Family, there must be someone who cannot resist the temptation and has agreed to become his spy. As a result, none of our activities can escape his detection.”

His eyes blazing with a chilling aura, Jing Jun cursed: “If I discover who is the traitor, I will kill him at once without any hesitation.”

Ji Yanran suggested: “Deceit can run both ways. If we manage to find out who is the spy, we can use him to mislead our enemy.”

Xiang Shaolong reasoned: “The best time for us to run away is the heaven-sent day when Crown Prince is away in Yongdu fighting against the rebels. After that day, trying to escape will be much more challenging.”

Teng Yi burst out laughing: “My sentiments exactly.”

Xiang Shaolong deliberated: “Crown Prince’s main concern is me as an individual. As long as I am here, he would not obstruct the others from leaving. Let’s exploit this circumstance and send most of our people away to the borderlands, including Tingfang and Bao’er. Crown Prince will find it hard to disagree because at least, on the surface, he has promised to let me leave.”

Ji Yanran frowned: “But when it is time for us to leave, it would not be so easy.”

Xiang Shaolong questioned Jing Jun: “How many warriors are we left with in the Wu Family?”

Jing Jun replied: “Adding the men from my village and subtracting those who perished on the battlefield, we have about two thousand and one hundred men. We will require substantial manpower to protect the women and children on the way to the borderlands. There won’t be much warriors left!”

Xiang Shaolong was delighted: “The more men we have, the harder it is to flee. Three hundred men will suffice. However, they must be the cream of the crop and their loyalty must be above question. Second Brother and Fifth Brother, please see to it! If our forces are limited, Crown Prince may lessen his guard against us.”

Ji Yanran muttered: “Hubby, did it cross your mind that when dealing with those rebels, Crown Prince would certainly activate the fierce army of Qin and completely surround the perimeter of Yongdu and Xianyang? With our limited numbers and faced with unanticipated changes, how can we hope to successfully exonerate ourselves?”

Xiang Shaolong plainly rationalized: “If Crown Prince wishes to kill me, he has to do so himself. Do you think he can simply instruct Fourth Brother, Lord Changping, Huan Qi or the others to come after me? What would be his excuse? The only way is to push the blame to Lu Buwei or Lao Ai. For example, he can get Mao Jiao to indirectly get rid of me as he is supposedly working for Lao Ai. When left with no other choice, he would personally lead an army after me. After taking me down, he can easily falsify a criminal act on me.”

Teng Yi warned: “Third Brother’s analysis is very thorough. However, if Crown Prince is bent on killing us and we have a spy among ourselves, we will be at a serious disadvantage.”

Out of the blue, Xiang Shaolong changed the topic: “Can we arrange some secret preparations around the farm? In case of contingencies, we could retreat here and hide ourselves before finding another way to leave? Firstly, we can avoid the ambush of the Qin military and we can also trick Crown Prince into thinking that he can secretly kill us over here.”

Ji Yanran sighed: “Digging a tunnel is the best way to escape. The problem is, how do we keep it a secret?”

Suddenly, her petite frame lightly shuddered: “Yanran has found a way.”

The three men joyfully look at her.

Pointing to the southeast corner edge of the farm where there is a mausoleum which houses the tablets of Lady Ni and the others ladies. Ji Yanran proposed: “Using renovating the mausoleum as an excuse, we can secretly build a tunnel as long as we only engage the men from Little Jun’s village as well as the followers of Yanran. Except for the deities and spirits, no one would be wiser.”

Xiang Shaolong was troubled: “The problem is, Crown Prince is aware of our brilliant strategizing skills. If he were to position scouts at the nearby hilltops before attacking us, they could easily spot and catch up to us. Moreover, there is only four months until the coronation and there is insufficient time to build a tunnel that is really long and useful.”

Jing Jun offered another plan: “This is easily resolved. In the past when I was still a kid, we would hide in a cave whenever we lose in a fight against the kids from the neighbouring village. In the same context, after we come out from the tunnel, we can hole up in a secret hiding place for a few days. Once the invading army has retreated, we can quietly slip away. You can count on me to take care of this.”

Xiang Shaolong was overjoyed: “Please act on it at once.”

That afternoon, under the leadership of Wu Yingyuan, a top level Wu Clan meeting was conducted. After finalizing all the details of their retreat, Xiang Shaolong emptied his mind and indulged himself in a lifestyle of happiness with his family.

His unfortunate encounters over the past two years felt like a dream.

Nevertheless, he is still in dreamland because whenever he thought of himself in the 21st century, he felt as if he is trapped in this amazing dream.

Three days later, Qin Qing came to visit.

Xiang Shaolong could not hold back and hugged her firmly in his arms to compensate her for her longing and pining.

Qin Qing was shy by nature and with Wu Tingfang, Zhao Zhi, Ji Yanran and the Tian sisters peeping at the side, it exacerbated the situation. Unable to struggle out of his bear hug, she was so embarrassed even the roots of her ears turned red.

Ji Yanran and the others understandingly left the inner hall and allow the two of them to have a chance to speak in private.

Releasing the enchanting beauty from his hold, Xiang Shaolong pulled her to a corner and sat down with her. Stroking her in an affectionate manner, he observed: “Sister Qin has grown thin!”

Qin Qing lowered her head: “I came specially to look for you because I have something important to tell you.”

Xiang Shaolong was in a daze: “What is so important?”

Batting her eyes once at him, Qin Qing put on a serious demeanor and articulated: “Recently, Crown Prince got his trusted follower to select a courtesan and began tutoring her in court etiquette. The entire process was extremely secretive. It was only pure coincidence that led me to discover it when I came across the royal tailors sewing new clothes for her.”

Xiang Shaolong frowned: “What is so special about that?”

Her face revealing an expression of fear, Qin Qing broke down in a quivering voice: “In terms of appearance and figure, this courtesan closely resembles Empress. Ah! Shaolong, I am so frightened!”

Xiang Shaolong opened his arms to envelope Qin Qing who is leaping into his bosom. His only reaction is a chilling sensation throughout his nervous system.

He instantly knew what is on Qin Qing’s mind.

Xiao Pan has decided to kill Zhu Ji but no matter what, Zhu Ji is still his birth mother in the eyes of the public. Killing her is neither a filial nor righteous act. Thus, he had to make a switch and replace the real with a decoy. In the future, he can simply confine her substitute within the palace and easily conceal this horrifying truth from the citizens of Qin.

Qin Qing is shocked out of her wits because she did not know that Zhu Ji is not the real mother of Xiao Pan.

Xiao Pan is no longer the Xiao Pan of the past. He has evolved into a brutal and merciless Yingzheng who will not hesitate to exterminate anything that stands between him and his goal.

Back then, he did promise he would not harm Zhu Ji. He is obviously reneging on his word.

What can he, Xiang Shaolong, do?

He still harbours immense feelings of guilt and emotions towards Zhu Ji.

Given the present scenario, what can he do?

Qin Qing lamented in a melancholic voice: “Crown Prince has changed a lot.”

Xiang Shaolong quizzed in a deep voice: “How does he treat you?”

Qin Qing answered: “He still treats me well and often chats me up. Nonetheless, I can sense a shift in his attitude towards you. In the past, he loves to talk about you in our conversations but ever since you came back from Lin Zi, he no longer brings you up in our discussions. Aye! Whenever he maintains his silence, I really cannot fathom what is going on in his mind.”

His heart turning colder than before, Xiang Shaolong enquired: “Does he know that you are coming to the farms to look for me?”

Qin Qing groaned: “It is impossible to conceal anything from him. He even instructed me to bring some cakes to you.”

Xiang Shaolong bitterly smiled: “I would rather die than eat his food.”

Qin Qing forcefully sat up with her back straightened. Her face losing colour, she probed: “Will he dare to harm you?”

Holding onto her fragrant shoulder, Xiang Shaolong gently consoled: “Don’t panic. The cakes are not poisonous. Tell me, if I am leaving for the borderlands, will you come along with me?”

Diving into his bosom again, Qin Qing wrapped her arms around his waist, declaring: “Even if you, Xiang Shaolong, has decided to go to the edge of the earth, Qin Qing will still want to be by your side. I will never have any regrets.”

Tightly hugging her curvaceous and aromatic body, Xiang Shaolong’s soul flew past countless rivers and mountains, finally stopping at the faraway fascinating and delightful vast grasslands.

Only there can he finally enjoy days of happiness that he has been waiting for for the past ten years.

Thanks!!!!

Justin, I visited this thread by chance, and lo and behold, you are almost done. Thank you very much. Looking forward to reading your work.

PS: Can anybody tell me, how long will it take to read this story from start to finish? Do I need to take vacation?

Thanks justin

Foxs

I read the unabridged version (which stopped around the time before Justin took over) and it took me around 1~2 weeks of daily reading (approx 2 hours each)

You shouldn't be taking any vacation except for the purpose of translating LXF
    [selfish reader here ]

Thanks Justin

thx justin

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Justin, I visited this thread by chance, and lo and behold, you are almost done. Thank you very much. Looking forward to reading your work.

PS: Can anybody tell me, how long will it take to read this story from start to finish? Do I need to take vacation?
    depends on ur reading speed it took me bout 1 whole day to read everything with 5x 10 min break when justin went on a trip few weeks back

Thanks Justin.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks for the update

Thanks Justin

I'm re-reading the novel now. I'm a little over half way done took about a week.
    Last edited by Disbol; 09-10-13 at 07:49 AM.

I am re-reading Dagger Lee (flying dagger)
    And together with the current active threads, sometimes I get confused as who is who.
    Esp the "four" which has so many characters...