Thread: Stellar Transformations [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Yeah like I said he has his reasons, but so do others. Anyone in that world trying to gain power can use the excuse of if I don't do whatever I can to get stronger I'll die and people around me suffer.

I'm really fine with that. I'm just not particularly fond of him crying and whining when people he knows dies, while he's gleefully killing others.

tape is right on the whole, QY is no more justified in his actions than any of the other characters. They act according to their principles, and he according to his. Just that most of us are emotionally invested in QY since he is the main character. I do commend tape for his objectivity though.

Hi guys,

I know this is off topic but I couldn't help asking if anyone knows where I can find the English translation of the light Korean novel "The Sword of the Emperor"? I've been reading the manhwa and got so enamored I want to know what happened next after the manhwa was discontinued. I Will highly appreciate it if anyone can help me out!

Have a delightful day!

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Regardless of whether Qin Yu is hypocritical (as Tape suggests) on not, the justifications Tape uses are incorrect. Qin Yu does not go around killing people just so he can get his hands on their yuanyings/treasures. I can only think of three times something even remotely like that has happened so far (ordered chronologically):

1. He killed Di Tong and obtained his yuanying, Cha Hong's Yuanying, and the Jade Sword. This is the worst of the three, but could be slightly rationalized by the fact that Di Tong had already killed Cha Hong (and his brother) in cold blood, just to get the sword. What goes around, comes around. Everything else that occurred between him and the Di brothers can be considered self-defense.

2. He took the yuanying dropped by Gan Ming (a loose immortal killed by Dame Yan Ji) in the 9 swords mansion. Li'er was the only one smart enough to see the mansion-guarding stele was a fake. Qin Yu was lucky enough to be traveling with her, so he was able to find the real core of the Quinyu Immortal Mansion. He did nothing to start the fights or to egg the fights on. All he did was steal a yuanying.

3. He hunted the ferobeasts in the Chaotic Astral Ocean. Since killing Di Tong was a crime of opportunity, this is probably the closest he comes to hunting down and killing others for their possessions. That said, ferobeasts are little more than mindless beasts. I believe it isn't until they reach Dongxu stage that they become capable of carrying on a conversation. The ferobeasts will also try to attack him on sight, so...

Since these are the only 3 times I can think of where Qin Yu starts the fight, I object to Tape's claim that "[Qin Yu] is completely fine with killing and slaughtering others for no real reason, usually for power and treasures"

Actually...
    Qin Yu has no qualm about killing or robbing, but he doesn't do it indiscriminately.
    He probably would have no compunction about hunting down and killing for anything that he really wants.

But...
    In all cases so far, he either plays the '[s]sheep[/s] pig eat tiger' game of luring in robbers with a show of weakness and killing them...
    ... or hunting down and killing robbers and appropriating what they took.

And...
    "He hunted the ferobeasts in the Chaotic Astral Ocean." is more of just finding them.
    Those ferobeasts got killed because they tried to kill him as soon as they saw him.

Qin Yu generally leaves folks alone unless they provoke him.
    Even when he went hunting, as when he was an assassin, he chose to only go after the ones who have done misdeeds.

EDIT:
    @CFT.
    You're right. It's "Pig Eat Tiger".
    I was reading something related to 'sheep' and must have gotten confused. LOL...
    Last edited by Ahoxan; 08-28-14 at 11:30 PM.

While reading this novel even i feel like mortal's life is worthless. I think Qin Yu is more badass while killing

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    In all cases so far, he either plays the 'sheep eat tiger' game of luring in robbers with a show of weakness and killing them...
    Isn't it "pig eats tiger"?

Perhaps you're right that there aren't many examples, but whenever he has needed something, he is willing to take/kill for it. Killing beasts for neidans, capturing divine beasts that have been free for 30,000 years to protect his family, etc

He winds up justified because he usually breaks the rule of the land like blatantly walking into areas he shouldn't be in, and acting surprised people endanger and insult him. Then he laughs and kills them.

But everyone has their own opinion of him, so that's fine of course. I don't really like him, but it doesn't detract from the story much at all.

I really like Qin Yu, he is neither good nor evil, just do what he "thinks" is right for his own conscious. Even Qin Yu's 2nd brother will tell him, good deeds and evil deeds makes no difference, one's "ACCOMPLISHMENTS" is what matters.

I think we all see where tape is coming from. The fact that we see everything from Qin Yu's point of view makes all of us extremely biased. From growing up, to going from being weak to extremely strong (and then back and forth between those extremes). Because we see his tribulations, we relate to them.

Remember that without the Meteor Tear, Qin Yu would have ended up as another Di Long (or the other brothers) - just prey for someone stronger to kill. Many times he should have died when someone ruthlessly attacks him, when Qin Yu has done absolutely nothing wrong (e.g. Sang Mo family want to kill him simply for swimming in the ocean and being a xuixianist). So basically he could have been a 'tragic hero' that died without being able to do anything.

That being said. My opinion on Qin Yu is that he "tries to do the right thing" when he can. At other times he simply falls prey to his greed. When he has the strength to help others, he isn't beyond extending a helping hand - e.g. the 8th Trib Loose Immortal from Devil Peng Island. He could easily have waited the tribulation out and then taken the guy's goodies (including a 7th Trib yinyang if it survives through his death).

So yea, my view is that first and foremost Qin Yu tries everything in his power to protect his family (or to avenge them). Thereafter his disposition depends on whether or not there is an opportunity to be gained or if he has the opportunity to help someone.

Note that there are VERY few xuihenists of Qin Yu's strength who would not be greedy and kill to steal if it would help them. Di Tong is a prime example, along with the other Di brothers, who are willing to kill everyone just to not let culprit escape - Qin Yu would never resort to that (because he has the means to get answers). When the second brother died, even Qin Yu protested when they killed a few million Cave members (from the traitor cave). He wasn't against them taking revenge against the cave master and his subordinates, though.

tl;dr Qin Yu is certainly a cut above the 'normal guys' who are very greedy in general. But yes, he's not a 'saint'

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Perhaps you're right that there aren't many examples, but whenever he has needed something, he is willing to take/kill for it. Killing beasts for neidans, capturing divine beasts that have been free for 30,000 years to protect his family, etc

He winds up justified because he usually breaks the rule of the land like blatantly walking into areas he shouldn't be in, and acting surprised people endanger and insult him. Then he laughs and kills them.

But everyone has their own opinion of him, so that's fine of course. I don't really like him, but it doesn't detract from the story much at all.
    Can quote the part where he did this? Maybe I like Qin Yu too much that I missed such important part.

are you people crazy. of course a part of his clan had to be killed so that the story could progress to the way it will and if I said more it will become spoilers you just have to understand that the auteur had to make this happen this so that QIN YU could do what he did and become Reverend heavenly flame a feared figure in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    He just used spoiler tags instead of quotes, but they were not spoilers. Those things already happened.
    @lacerune probably refers to @Sanngrior slip of tongue. @Sanngrior, please edit your comment. We can tease, we can deduce, we can make guesses and assumption but please don't put outright spoiler in your comment and spoil for others who follow this stories as it been translated.

All this talk about QY some I agree, some agree to disagree, and some is eye opening for me.

But and again, regardless whether I'm sympathizes to QY because he is main character or not, I really don't see anything wrong in what he did, and I'm certainly don't see him hypocrites. Look at Mingliang and Wu KongXue (at least in devil sect part), they all act like its the biggest wrongdoing happens on their sect when they didn't even bat an eye who they killed as long as those people is not somebody they knows (i.e human in Qinlong continent and Tenglong). Karma is a btche and now they knows it

Secondly, QY is Xiuzhenist, whats wrong Xiuzhenist act like Xiuzhenst do. Like Fengyuzi says, world of Xiuzhenist is gruesome because its the world people fight for treasure. QY killed DiTong for Jed Sword is just how the Xiuzhenist world works.

Thirdly, what's wrong hunting ferobeast and find himself a holy beast. In our worlds, we have no qualms in having a pet and hunting animals, for food or sports. We have no qualms because our culture contextual settings were like that. So what QY done is perfectly normal if his cultural contextual setting are like that. Again, is perfectly normal for Xiuzhenist do what Xiuzhenist do.

If Xiuzhenist want to be a saint or moral character, he either must be exceptionally powerful or he din't get to live long.

Remember that without the Meteor Tear, Qin Yu would have ended up as another Di Long (or the other brothers)
    @Teddypicker, I do not know man, I think without Meteoric tears, he is probaly still at late Houtian huhuhu. Oh yeah, wht is Meteoric Tears, it is consider a weapon (means can be forged like how holy weapon and immortal weapon) or natural treasure like the eyeballs used by Shi brothers.
    Last edited by theSwordoftheWest; 08-28-14 at 07:10 PM.

@Teddypicker, I do not know man, I think without Meteoric tears, he is probaly still at late Houtian huhuhu. Oh yeah, wht is Meteoric Tears, it is consider a weapon (means can be forged like how holy weapon and immortal weapon) or natural treasure like the eyeballs used by Shi brothers.
    All things considered, when Qin Yu started absorbing natural energy with Ancestral Dragon Art, he would have been able to reach peak of houtian (within 10 years), and most probably overcome the hurdle to reach xiantian. With that, he could have easily reached Jindan, in the same way he reached it in the story.
    What I meant is that a lot of the characters that Qin Yu faced could easily have killed him, and othertimes his own powers could have killed him - Meteor escaping art burnt his bodies until it was toasty; the first Cha brother bit his body in half almost. Many many times he takes fatal hits vs stronger opponents. He should have died ages ago, but for Meteor Tear.

I don't know if I've been unclear, but there is nothing wrong with what Qin Yu does within the context of the novel. I don't dispute that.

I just don't think he has separated himself from other characters, except for the exceptional events that occurred to him. I don't need him to be righteous or a goody two shoes, nor does he have to be a stereotypical hero. There are a few events that happened where he seemed hypocritical, and some events happened that made him unlikable to me. That's really all I was saying.

The original comparison came up when someone mentioned the Di brothers, and I don't think they acted any worse than Qin Yu. Both will slaughter innocents to get revenge, both try as hard as they can to gain power, both value brotherhood/family above all, etc. Of course the Di brothers are written in a more negative light, but I don't see them as any worse

hii im new does someone know when is next chap coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by bozidar4 View Post
    hii im new does someone know when is next chap coming out?
    3 week hiatus from last post for He-man...

Quote Originally Posted by teddypicker View Post
    All things considered, when Qin Yu started absorbing natural energy with Ancestral Dragon Art, he would have been able to reach peak of houtian (within 10 years), and most probably overcome the hurdle to reach xiantian. With that, he could have easily reached Jindan, in the same way he reached it in the story.
    What I meant is that a lot of the characters that Qin Yu faced could easily have killed him, and othertimes his own powers could have killed him - Meteor escaping art burnt his bodies until it was toasty; the first Cha brother bit his body in half almost. Many many times he takes fatal hits vs stronger opponents. He should have died ages ago, but for Meteor Tear.
    I know there have been discussion in the past about houtian, xiantian and I know there is no real conclusion. But I still think Meteoric Tears is the main factor QY get to become Xiantian (in term of speed and true Houtian peak). I know it still possible to reach Xiantian in external body practice as LeiWei have. But when, and will he ever be? Many are stuck at the peak of Houtian, more so for external practitioner. After all, to get to Xiantian you need that vague "intuitive ways of heaven" feels, which is just a fancy way of saying soul level. This is because Meteoric tears allows him to reach a true Houtian peak, in addition feeding his soul steroid to alleviates his soul level. This make him reach next stage faster then other people. Regarding about his life death battle, there is two ways to look, if not for Meteoric tears, he probably won't reach Xiantian and we probably won't have this discussion on QY life as Xiuzhenist. Second, he will be older and wiser Xiuzhenist, listen to his master and finish Nebula stage before he start on his journey to Xiuzhenist world, and depends more heavily on Vermilion holy pills instead be a smuck he is and given it away to his family.

@Tape. Since Di brothers incident, I know you find QY unlikable, and that's fine. We just like to share our insight. Just to share with you why I like QY character, I like him because he is strong. He is strong in term of resolute and personality. Personally, QY is not even my favorite character even though he is main character. I like Inky more, because he is dam lucky he meet QY.
    Last edited by theSwordoftheWest; 08-29-14 at 06:43 PM.

@Majin
    Before Qin Yu left the Qian Long continent, Uncle Feng expressly told him the area under the ocean was the xuiyaoists territory and that he shouldn't venture there carelessly. He chose to ignore this and blindly dove into the ocean, starting the whole mess with Sang Mo.

At this point this shouldn't be a spoiler but, his tear is one of the big things for him achieving his state so fast. Training your strength is easy, especially easy with the Tear healing him constantly even faster than holy pills can heal him but the Tear makes his spirit develop passively. The spirit is the hardest thing to train regardless of the state you are in so the tear played a major part in getting him to Xiantian fast. Don't forget, the tear also allowed him to do almost daily limitless amounts if limit training in the beginning while the others would have to wait week-months to recover.